Friday, July 20, 2012

WHAT GOD THINKS

Isaiah 55:8-11

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts your thoughts.

As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,

so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth:

It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and acheive the purpose for which I sent it.

ASB Breakdown
The people of Israel were foolish to act as if they knew what God was thinking and planning.
His knowledge and wisdom are far greater than man's. We are foolish to try to fit God
into our mold-to make his plans and purposes conform to ours. Instead, we must strive to
fit into his plans.

My Thought:
We often believe that we know what's best. We are so used to being in control of our life, or feeling like we're in control, that we struggle with relinquishing our grip to God.
Our old nature fights to remain in control. But the fight is not ours, it's the Lords.
What God wants from us is to believe; that who he is and what he has done is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment